Sunday, November 17, 2013

Live-Action Movies: 'Cruella' & 'The Jungle Book'

Cruella

It looks like the dalmation, spot loving, evil woman will return in Disney's a live-Action movie, Cruella Sure, we've seen a live-action version of her played by Glenn Close, in Disney's 101 Dalmations (1996) and 102 Dalmations (2000), but I guess that's not enough. Perhaps, Disney wants to take a more darker route with the film, like in Disney's Maleficent, and show Cruella her background story. Funny thing, though, according to Hollywood Reporter, Glenn Close will be the executive producer for the film. That should be fascinating!

I'm all ready excited for Disney's Maleficent, and seeing that they want to make a live-aciton movie about Cruella De Vil, has got me intrigued! I think this will give her some more recognition as a Disney diva villain. 



The Jungle Book


So, there's word on the street...or should I say jungle...that Disney has decided to another adaptation of the story The Jungle Book, based off the novel written by Rudyard Kipling back in 1894. A majority of the world is familiar with Disney's cartoon version, with his jammin' songs and the lovable talking bear, Baloo. However, this version of The Jungle Book will be live-action and will be directed by Jon Favreau.

The Jungle Book was my very first Disney movie as a child and I absolutely find myself grooving to their songs when they come up on my iPod. There has been quite a few remakes and the only other one that I remember was the live-action movie that came out in 1994. It was a decent movie to watch; I remember watching it over and over again. 

Hearing the news, I don't really care for seeing The Jungle Book as a live-action movie, but who knows, it could turn out great...or it could be a complete flop. We'll just have to wait and see. To hear and read more, go to deadline.com and Spill.com















No comments:

Post a Comment