Sunday, September 22, 2013

Tinkerbell. Peter Pan V. Pixie Hollow


I found the picture above on Pinterest and when I read the text on the picture, it made me stop and think and I started to nod my head in agreement. Yes! Tinkerbell in Pixie Hollow has somewhat of a different personality than the Tinkerbell in Peter Pan. I honestly enjoyed the first Pixie Hollow movie because of the background story on Tinkerbell. And sure, she was born from a baby's laugh and had such an innocence to her, which didn't bother me so much, but then when Disney began coming out with other Pixie Hollow movies and then looking at the photo above, it made me stop and think: Where's Tinkerbell's sassy attitude?



If you ask me, I say Disney gave Tink's original personality to Vidia and decided not to give any to Tink, being that she's the main character. I can understand why, because if Disney decided to stick with her personality from Peter Pan, little girls may pick-up on it. Vidia is a friend of Tink's, however, she can be a jerk. And Disney needs Tinkerbell to point out that Vidia's attitude is hurtful and isn't the RIGHT way to act, and blah, blah, blah.

In Peter Pan, Tink is more hot tempered, feisty, stubborn, sassy, and mischievous.

In Pixie Hollow, Tink is well...the opposite. Disney toned her down. A lot.

Honestly speaking, the whole world loved Tinkerbell for her sass in the first place! But of course, we have to keep in mind that Pixie Hollow was BEFORE Tinkerbell met Peter Pan. So, basically, how did Tink go from this sweet fairy to a jealousy, sassy one?

Do you think Tinkerbell is different? Do you recognize any of the qualities she had in Peter Pan in any of her current Pixie Hollow movies?


No comments:

Post a Comment