Monday, September 2, 2013

The Little Mermaid Is Flipping Its Fins To Live-Action.

(Disney's The Little Mermaid)

It appears that Hollywood are creating plenty of adaptions on fairy tale stories that we've known from The Brother's Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, or perhaps only seen them in Disney movies. So far, I've posted blogs about Disney creating Live-Action films such as the upcoming Maleficent and Cinderella. Now, there's news about The Little Mermaid. However, I don't think this will be in t he hands of Disney. 

The bigger news is that, Kelly Marcel, the screenwriter who is adapting the book, 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James will be the one who will write this live-action movie. She was also the screenwriter  for Saving Mr. Banks & the show Terra Nova. Some people seem to feel a bit uneasy about Marcel writing the story know that she is also writing for the exotic 50 Shades of Grey film, for there is a lot of sexual activity in the series. Will, she bring sex to the The Little Mermaid? Honestly, I hardly think she will. I don't even think they'll go that route.  

To lighten things up a bit, Joe Wright is said to direct the adaption and he is known  for his films such as Atonement, Pride & Prejudice, Hanna, & Anna Karenina. I absolutely loved those films, especially the visuals from Anna Karenina. It was a beautiful piece of art on the big screen, in my opinion, along with Atonement. I don't have any doubts about Wright sinking down this ship. 

Though, my biggest concern is the mood for this live-action film. Will it be silly, fun, and comedic, or will it be somewhat fun yet have a darker vision. I really hope they go for something dark, twisted, yet fun and adventurous.

I'm sure many of you are asking who will play the little mermaid, but unfortunately, none has been named yet.
Though, if I were to choose the cast, these would be my choices:
  1. Joanna Garcia
  2. Emma Watson
  3. Dianna Argon
  4. Amy Adams
  5. Lily Collins
  6. Ariana Grande


How do you feel about The Little Mermaid being turned into a live-action film? Should it be different from Disney's version and have a darker mood or keep it light? Who would you choose to play the little mermaid?







No comments:

Post a Comment