Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Disney's 'Frozen' Details and Look-A-Likes

(Character Posters from Disney's Frozen)

There's so many teasers buzzin' around about Disney's Frozen, such as movie posters, stills, concept art and even a trailer. According to my research, this movie is based off the story called The Snow Queen written by Hans Christian Anderson. In his story, it's about a girl and a boy named Gerda and Kai. Kai gets taken by the Snow Queen, making him be invulnerable to the cold and to forget about his family and friend, thus having a cold heart. Gerda goes on an adventure and rescues Kai and she cries warm tears on him, making  Kai shed an ice splinter from his eyes. Then, Gerda kisses Kai, which causes him to feel warm, cheerful, and healthy again and they escape from the Snow Queen's palace. 
However, looking up the synopsis for Disney's Frozen on IMDB, it explains that Anna goes on an adventure with her friend Kristoff and a snowman named Olaf to search for her sister Elsa because her ice powers has frozen the kingdom for all eternity. It seems like a great story involving the relationship between two sisters and a chilling adventure.

As for the trailers go, Disney has only released a teaser trailer starring Olaf, the snowman and a reindeer fighting over a carrot (The snowman's nose). For a teaser, the trailer for the movie didn't really spark my attention and I had no idea what the movie was about. All that I was able to understand from the teaser was that the reindeer and the snowman must be the silly sidekicks to the main characters. Honestly, I was disappointed. Then, I heard Disney released an official trailer in Japan (and yes, of course, the trailer is in Japanese). I may not understand the language, but I definitely got a chill of excitement shiver up my spine and I couldn't be more excited. Though, I do wonder why the U.S. didn't get an official trailer. Hmmm....

(Another drawing by me. Elsa and Anna)

Finally, I've "liked" a lot of Disney pages on Facebook and they tend to post up teaser pictures  for the film, including the characters. I've been reading the comments and people are claiming that Disney didn't do a good job with the character creation. Many believe that Anna (the main character of Disney's Frozen) resembles Rapunzel from Disney's Tangled way too much. From a distance, they do look similar but not exactly the same. 

Here are some differences  that I've managed to spot.

Anna
  • Freckles on face
  • More eyelashes
  • Thin lips
  • Blue eyes
  • Brown hair (I think it's brown)
  • Thicker eyebrows
  • smaller; button nose
  • Face seems more circular
Rapunzel
  • Green Eyes
  • Thin eyebrows
  • Less eyelashes
  • Thicker lips
  • Blonde hair.
What do you guys think? Do you agree about the two looking exactly the same? What are your thoughts on Disney's Frozen? Does it look exciting? 




No comments:

Post a Comment